BirdsBook - 2012 | First American edition
A new generation of illustrated natural history handbooks, produced in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution.
The new DK Nature Guides form a comprehensive, accessible, and informative series of illustrated reference books that tackle key natural history subjects in DK's inimitable style.
From the Arctic Tern and American Woodcock to the Turkey Vulture and Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Nature Guide: Birds is packed full of stunning images that reveal bird anatomy, flight, migration patterns, breeding, habitats-all perfect for bird watching and easy identification.
- Stunning images revealing intricate details and unique features of specimens
- Expert writing and research by specialists
- Clear, concise, and informative text bring the subjects to life
- Specially commissioned close-up photography and illustrations
- Carefully structured profiles ensuring it is easy to locate key information
- Entries organized in intuitive categories or groupings for ease of reference
Baker & Taylor
A guide to identifying birds from around the world notes each species' physical characteristics, geographic location, marks of distinction, brooding behavior, and threatened species rating.
Produced in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution, each guide to a subset of nature includes full-color images, including stunning close-up shots; expert writing and research by specialists; and much more. Original.