The Palo Alto City Library presents a program series entitled "Welcome to America!" for new Americans and visitors to learn the customs and values of their new home. Please register every attendee!
The series will run September-May 2018 on the 4th Thursday of every month. Each session will focus on a selected topic and will include a short presentation, followed by an activity. Upcoming topics include:
- September 27: "Going to School In Palo Alto: School, the PTA and You"
- October 25: "American Civics & Elections"
- November 15 (3rd Thursday!): "Our Palo Alto: A History of Palo Alto" with a presentation by Steve Staiger, of the Palo Alto Historical Association
- We will have a break in December. Enjoy the holidays!
- January 24: "My City, My Community: Understanding Local Government," with a presentation by the Human Relations Commission.
- February 28: "When in America: Customs, Etiquette & Pop Culture"
- March 28: "Green Palo Alto: Our Community's Part in Preserving the Environment," with a presentation by Zero Waste.
- April 25: "There's a Law Against That? Ask Your Friendly PAPD Officer."
- May 23: "Obtaining Your Green Card & U.S. Citizenship," with a presentation by USCIS.